I got some info from a gal pal who lives in Toronto.
Hopefully this will be useful for you - Nicola x
So Toronto is kind of a weird city for skateboarding.
It's a lot different from L.A or New York but if anything it's kind of like New York if you're trying to make a comparison.
When I skate in Toronto in the summertime I like to go to the Bellwoods park. But it's actually not even really a park. It's sort of a DIY thing the skaters in the area kind of put together. It's just a grind box and a little square rail. There's also Dunbat skate park which is at Bathurst and Dundas. You can find professional skaters from Toronto there on most days.
It's also pretty laid back with what the have in terms of fun boxes and a little kicker ramp. Then there's the big one, which is a really popular park.
Probably the most popular and it's called Ashbridges Bay. It's just on Lakeshore in the beaches area. Then of course there's like, the famous down town spots like, the Sky Dome rails pretty much the whole down town core. This is more difficult then I thought haha.
Because what I do when I skateboard in Toronto is just put in headphones and bomb through the streets. Or just skate flat ground at Nathan Philips Square.
The thing about skating for me, is it's pretty personal and I don't roll with big groups of dudes who go to all the spots. I just do my own thing.
The thing about skating for me, is it's pretty personal and I don't roll with big groups of dudes who go to all the spots. I just do my own thing.
Thank you!
ReplyDelete